Sunday, November 05, 2006

Game

I managed to convince myself to go out and drink Friday night. Yeah, I had to think about it for a while. I wasn't so psyched about getting wasted. What's happened to me?

I had just dyed my hair, which gives you that kinda anonomous feeling (even though it's totally delusional) It just starts to seem like I could be someone else. This guy showed up that I sort of knew... had met him a few times before and I remembered his name this time! For some reason I decided to work it as hard as I could. He seemed a little out of place. I started chatting him up, sat down on the arm of his chair when there was no seat for me, touched his arm when I talked to him, flipped my freakishly dark hair around and batted long eyelashes. (I did that with everyone, though. He's just the only one who doesn't know better.) I asked him to teach me how to play quarters (one of the few things that I learned from my mom about guys- that they like to explain stuff to you. read: stop acting like a know-it-all-bitch. Also, that guys who are balding are "higher in testosterone and eager to please" I remember her saying this when I was like, 6. Seriously.) I leaned in while he explained shit, and let my hand brush his knee from time to time, without listening to a thing he was saying. I actually did pretty well. (sidenote- is there anything more fun than being the only girl, drinking around a table of 8 good looking boys? I couldn't stop grinning. And most of them are off-limits, hooking-up-wise)

On a group cigarette break, he asked me to stay outside after everyone went in to smoke another one. .....oh really? As I leaned in to offer him a cig he started kissing me. Have you ever been simultaneously surprised but not surprised at all? Like, whats going on....oh wait.... no.... of course!

"When I walked in tonight I was so happy you were here." Guys gotta watch what the hell they say to me. It's just too easy; some shit like that and my panties hit the floor. But since I was feeling a lot more enamoured with myself than with him, I decided to be an arrogant little bitch and I asked him why. C'mon, I wanted more. "Because I like you! You seem really cool"

"I hate to be the one to tell you dude, but I am so lame." I could have gone on but making out on the picnic tale sounded like more fun.

He wanted to leave with me (I should stop mentioning that I have a single every 5 minutes; it sends a mixed message) but I wanted to go back inside and play more. I continued having mad game for a while, not talking to him quite as much but still glancing from across the room or brushing past him through a crowd of people, letting him pull me into a dark little hallway, but then sliding away again after a minute or two against the wall... Too bad I don't like him.

I wonder if I could translate this sort of skill to a situation where I could make something of it.

1 Comments:

Blogger norelle said...

I know this is an old post, but I love love love this kind of situation! When you're just flying and everything's working and of course he wants to go home with you...even when you don't fancy him that much, it gives you a real high. Damn, I haven't had that for a while...

5:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home