Sunday, March 25, 2007

self help?

Had to kill some time with my mom in Barnes and Noble. She lured me to a corner of the store saying she wanted to look at cookbooks, but somehow the rack of Save-Your-Marriage books pulled her in. I ducked out to read some diet books, but they got sort of depressing. (I can't have coffee?!) I told her that, and she said her books were depressing too. "This books says he wants to leave me because I am not attractive enough, this books says anything I do will make it worse, and this one says he decided to leave me years and years ago and has just been biding his time. Here, you should read this." Hands me a book the size of an encyclopedia called, "1,000 Lies Men Tell". I could probably abridge that for her. "Umm I'm gonna go read more about how to be skinny" You know, an ounce of prevention.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home