Wednesday, December 13, 2006

being a good daughter

My mom is so much easier to talk to now that she's in therapy all the time. She's really not used to examining her relationships, or any kind of introspection... I swear, we are related. She seems to have never thought about this shit before! What does she think about all day? Productive things?

"At first I thought, why would he want someone like that? but the therapist says that he needs for a woman to be really impressed with him all the time"
"Yes...." No Shit!
"You might know something about this, you take all those psych classes... I'm begining to think he's a narcisist"
"Um, yeah.... I coulda told you that years ago. I could have told you that when I was 10"
"Really? I knew he thought exceedingly highly of himself, but I didn't think it would be a problem for him"
She's not really people-smart, but I didn't think she could have missed all that entirely!

oh, and later... "Apparantly I'm not enough of a fluffer." ...Sorry? A fluffer? "Some people fluff up each other's egos, some people are good at doing that and they also need people to do it for them, they need to be fluffed by their partners" Mom, stop saying fluffer.

The best part is, just for listening to this shit, which I really find fascinating, I get train tickets home and shopping trips as compensation. I'm going straight to hell.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home