Saturday, June 30, 2007

iDrunkText

Loved College Callgirl's post on The Rules; namely, that following them is effectively pretending to have a busy, interesting life.

When someone is blowing you off for a while you have these stages, I guess. First you obviously want them a little more, they're so elusive and you're still expecting to hear from them, and then you're so mad at them you can't wait to tell them what an asshole they are. And then you realize what a useless approach that would be and you say you're never going to talk to them again but in the back of your mind you worry that they will just have great timing and try to talk to you when youre bored/lonely/horny, and it'll all go to shit. And then they slip out of your mind and you forget they exist. Success.

Gotta love when someone randomly text messages you and you are so busy having a fantastic time to look at your phone, and you don't see a 10:30 text message til 3:30. (5 hour rule?) Why even respond? Just to let the know you're not ignoring them but you've been going strong all night? That's a little petty of me but it's satisfying.

I've just had such a fantastic week. Getting blazed out of my mind monday, watching my friends race through crowds with traffic cones over their heads and flipping face first over benches, wing night, busting out the speakers thursday, made a fantastic 5 course dinner last ight and crashed Courtny's party. Everyone I know either brings their own beer or throws in for a case or whatever. This girl spent $80 on alcohol and reminded us all week that we could drink for free in her room friday.

Last night was just too good. I love that even though everyone's apartment is a two minute walk, the boys sleep over with us most nights. Love these kids. A random text message just seemed so out of place. I look at my phone as we're all getting in bed and I was just confused. I thought, doesn't he know it's summer time? Why does he even have time to text me? Durring school I'd text message whole conversations, now that shit drives me crazy cause I get shit to do.

But seriously I think he just got an iPhone and texted everyone he knows.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger mahatmahatma said...

i just popped over to your blog from College Callgirl's and just wanted to comment that your first paragraph perfectly sums up the drama of my life right now. to a t. and i appreciate that someone can appreciate my problems. so thanks.

1:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home