Sunday, October 21, 2007

boobs.

Last weekend my mom and I went bra shopping. The weird part is, it was her idea. I love, love, love getting new lingerie, and she always acts like this is odd. "Why do you need new underwear? Do you lose it? Do you leave it at boys' houses? I don't get why you need more!" It's not the consumerist over-inndulgent atitude she has a problem with; she seems pretty ok with buying clothes every month or so. But not underwear. "No one even sees it!" Let's not be so pessimistic, mom. Not that that's the point. You buy the clothes that you like, that make you happy. Other people see your clothes but no one notices them half as much as you do.

She found a high quality lingerie store near by and suggested we go. I thought either she was feeling guilty about something, wanted me to do something, wanted me to come home more often, something like that. But once we were there, she was picking up the lacey demi cups with the gorgeous seaming and the cute little straps isntead of her usual utilitarian nude full cups. I had to make sure I got what I wanted to try before she did. We could not get the same thing. Seeing a bra on my mom would ensure that I would never have the same lust for it as I would otherwise.

Buying underwear is always a little emotional, and I worried about my mom for a second. She started to lament that fact that no man would ever see her in her underwear again and she thought she was pathetic for buying something so pretty no one would see. I'm torn between telling her that she certainly is not done with men, she's not old, she's beautiful, if she wanted a man she could have one; and at the same time I don't want to think about that at all cause it's my mom.

I went throuh my schtick about how it's not for him, it's for you. And then I said what all girls tell each other out of kindness- "And it's not like guys really care that much, they're happy to see you in your underwear either way right?" She wasn't buying it. "I mean they aren't going to complain." "Yeah, exactly, they don't complain until they're leaving." Um. I'm gonna go look over here.

The sales girl insisted on measuring me, maybe she could tell that soetimes I talk myself in to something that doesn't really fit because it's just so pretty. I had been wearing a 34DD but the tape measurer said I am a 32DDD. Yikes. Two D's was scary enough...DDD? That's an F! F stands for failure! That's too much boob!

It's not the size on that bothers me, it's the limit that it puts on what I can acutally wear. There are like 3 labels that make bras that size that I would be willing to wear, and I can't really afford Agent Provocateur. Most places just have industrial strength hideous matronly contraptions with 8 hooks and padded straps.

Why is this? My shit is still cute, round, somewhat perky, I ceratianly don't need structural support of bridge-like proportions! And I am not the only girl my age with big tits. I know a lot of girls with D's, DD's, whatever. They are thin, young, their boobs look great. But they are not the kind of girls who buy pretty underwear. Or pretty clothes. They are not the kind of girls who think they are sexy. Is that why most bras only come up to a C? Is it because the well endowed girls don't buy lots of bras? And do those girls not buy pretty bras because they don't like their bodies so they hate doing it, or because all they can find are old lady bras?

It doesn't seem fair. Someone should let the bra people know that there's a retty high demand (me) and very little supply when it comes to pretty sexy lingerie for girls with spectacular tits.

Labels: ,

12 Comments:

Blogger dejaloathed said...

D-D-Damn girl!

6:26 PM  
Blogger Me said...

I feel your pain.

7:00 PM  
Blogger cautiouslyoptimistic said...

I LOVE getting new bras :D. Nice ones make me feel sexy and who cars if no one see's them. Bra's rock.

Love your blog by the way, I've been reading it for awhile, I only just started my own. Anyway, keep it up!

7:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok first of all it's an E not and F... A B C D DD E...got it? Second of all...there is some really cute lingerie available in larger cup sizes...it's just not easy to find. Try figleaves.com...they have some great stuff. I'm a big fan of Freya cause none of their stuff looks like some one's grandma would wear it. Gossard is good too. See that's the thing...the brits make the really good lingerie for girls with big boobs.

12:33 PM  
Blogger El Cuervo said...

I guess that's the advantage of AP, they can charge as much as they want as there isn't much competition.

God bless those DDDs!

2:24 PM  
Blogger Sabina said...

My mom used to be perplexed by my constant underwear purchasing, too. But whatever, I look better in underwear than in clothes.
On a side note, I'm sensing a trend...am I the only girl blogging about sex who doesn't have huge tits?

2:37 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Anon: some go D, DD(E), DDD(F); some go D, DD, E. I got a freya bra last weekend and I looove it... figleaves is a good site, so is bare necessisties. I wish this stuff was easier to find, I wish I hadn't wasted so much money on Victoria's Secret crap.

6:01 PM  
Blogger BartletForAmerica said...

You are my hero. I am also a new-discovered 32DDD. I sympathize.

6:56 PM  
Blogger badlittlegoodgirl said...

Ahhh, how jealous am I... you pine for a pretty bra that fits you perfectly, and I pine for the sam thing, but from the opposite end of the spectrum.

My itty bitty titties are a pain in the ass to dress.. I own only two bras I really like from Victoria's Secret, and they're meant to be a demi cup. Let's just say, they fit me with as much coverage as a normal bra fits anyone else. ON the upside, they are quite pretty, but not very utilitarian.

Always on the hunt for the perfect fit :) Good luck finding yours!

1:57 AM  
Blogger ~ Storm said...

I am a DD and I agree with you, although it is getting better. I just bought the most beautiful pink bra and liked it so much I bought it in black. (I do not need any more black bras. Of course who said anything about NEED!)

I love panties. I have like 75-100 pair. I wear them for me, and love the feel when he takes them off of me. No girl should EVER have to remove her own panties unless she chooses; that's my motto!

And sometime, muster up the strength to tell your mom she's not old, she's beautiful and that she could have another relationship if she wants one. She needs to hear it and you might need to say it.

8:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No pictures of you modeling the ligerie? You're such a tease.

11:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your newly discovered incredible figure. With regards to the bras...it never fails to amaze me that we can put men on the moon and send crafts to distant galaxies but we cannot provide adequate bras for women.
Free Huge Tits

8:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home