Sunday, October 14, 2007

Reluctant Cock Blocking

I'm home this weekend, and today my 15 year old brother has his girlfriend visiting. I'm supposed to check on them every once in a while and make sure she's not going down on him. Last time my mom found them on the couch with her head under a blanket. My brother is very very cool, he's good looking, great at sports, and very good with girls. His girlfriend is quiet, agreeable and completely beautiful. Her parents seem not to worried about her spending the day at her boyfriend's house "watching movies," probably because she is a Good Girl. I think parents forget that Good Girls are really good at doing what they are told.

My mom has read their IM conversations (which is sick, but he did print them out and leave them in the printer?) and they mostly consist of him talking about what they're going to do to each other. She's sent him cell phone pictures of her boobs. Welcome to the club. That shit is fun. But I didn't do that till I was 20.

Maybe this is typical of 15 year old interactions, but the way they work is he sets up an afternoon, she comes over and does...something... and then she sits on the bed or couch while he watches football or plays video games. I wonder how long it will take for her to realize she should expect more of him. I mean seriously, she's so beautiful, he should be looking at her, not the tv!

When I was 15 I was sort of awkward with my boyfriend, we watched a lot of movies with a blanket over our laps, and like my brother and his girlfriend, out interactions were dominated by not wanting to say or do the wrong thing. But it was mutual, my boyfriend seemed invested and he wanted me to be comfortable and happy. Instead, I stressed over why he wasn't trying to get me to do more. I had to initiate everything advance, and as a result I was paranoid for ages that I wasn't desirable. And like Anonymous commmented, you aren't going to have any more self esteem after hooking up with someone that you started with.

I just wonder how long it's going to take my brother's girlfriend to realize that, and to figure out that she should demand what she wants instead of trying to be what she thinks he wants. It's sure taking me a long time to get that through my head (but does anyone really?) . I thought beautiful skinny girls were already like that.

So maybe it's negligent on my part but I'm not worried about them "going too far," I think she's within her right to give him head if she wants to. I just hope she doesn't let him make her watch him play video games because that shit is degrading.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger anon said...

Maybe she's just DUMB. We tend to give the "beautiful people" a lot of credit and advantages, but it comes with its own disadvantages. When I was an overweight 18-year-old with glasses, I thought I was a horrible, horrible leper who would die a smelly virgin in ahouse full of cats. Now I realize that its a lot funner having sex with grown-up men and a thicker skin and probably sage advice to stay at home and read and watch star trek in your teens (yes, I was a dork).

7:35 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Being a dork gives you so much more freedom. The cool kids had an act to keep up, I could act however I wanted. Sometimes I feel so lucky that no one pressured me to do anything, so when I did have sex I felt like it was totally my decision, something I think few girls had.

10:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home