Thursday, December 14, 2006

Love/Hate for Sex and the City. Again.

Season 1- Carrie starts every episode talking about how experienced and jaded new yorkers are, how nothing surprises them anymore. And then10 minutes later something really normal happens and they have a fucking crisis, they all gather together to figure out what to do because they are so overwhelmed by the audacity of it all. This scene killed me-

Carrie picks up the phone “Can't talk Charlotte, I'm late for drinks with Big!... What? He said what?! I'll be right there”

They're in a cab. The guy had asked her if he could fuck her in the ass. It sounds like he didn't go about if very well, cause Charlotte seems sober. Next they pick up Miranda and she's all lawyerly, let's weigh the pros and cons.... Even Samantha is kind of surprised but admits she does it. Ohh yeah nothing surprises you. Charlotte: "I don't wanna be the up-the-butt girl! No one marries the up-the butt girl! You can't be Mrs. Up-The-Butt!" Wait, really? No? Damn it. Cabbie- "No smoking in cab!" Carrie- "Sir, we're talking up-the-butt, a cigarette is in order!"

In another episode, Samantha calls Carrie to rave about how amazing and talented and creative this guy she's sleeping with is. “We did it with him on top, me on top, me on my side, me on my face....” Carrie's all, whoa that's crazy. Is she serious? That's all pretty standard. That's like, a fraction of the last time I had sex. Samantha, I expected better from you.

Later Carrie goes out with a guy and he mentions he's bisexual. She's incredibly stupid and ignorant and almost intolerant, it's infuriating and really not at all politically correct. Carrie plays spin-the-bottle with Alanis Morisette. That part's true, me and my other ambisexual friends played a lot of boy-girl/boy-boy/girl-girl spin the bottle. I've yet to meet a girl that wasn't down with kissing another girl. Carrie is such a square.

And then Charlotte has a bf who wants to have a threesome. Who's ever heard of a guy wanting to do that? Next episode charlotte gets a vibrator. Yeah this shit is cutting edge.

That's like, the last few months of my life. And I'm 20. I don't even have that much sex. I'm a novice, by any standards. I guess the show is10 years old now, and it was like, whoa they can't do that on TV! But don't introduce yourselves as the hardened, seen-it-all, bad ass New York Sluts when you are actually impossibly sheltered.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home