Sunday, October 28, 2007

Maintenace

I am a very lucky girl. I have a fantastic boy to hook up with, giving me a venue for all the pretty little lacy things I've collected. It's brought about a small spree of lingerie shopping. In the past month I've bought 5 sets! 5! I can't stop, you guys. Actually being seen naked does mean that I have to step up the self-maintenance a little, and that means I'm going to have to start waxing again.

Now, obviously I don't have to do anything. I couldn't do something like have all the hair ripped out of my pussy just because a guy wanted me to, I couldn't feel comfortable with the dynamic of that. My best friend has often been told by guys that she should shave for them. I don't think they have any right to do that, who the hell are they? She says she hates the way it looks, and if that's true I hope she never does it for a guy.

I like the way it looks. I'm into aesthetics. I have beautiful underwear and it doesn't really go with hair. And feeling perfectly soft and smooth is so sexy. And I want to be able to feel completely good about the way I look when I'm having sex. The visual component is important to me (like any other narcissist I can't stay away from mirrors...) and not having my shit cleaned up is visually jarring, it doesn't totally ruin it but it takes me down a few notches.

Ingrown hairs, stubble, razor burn, five 'oclock shadows, prickliness, that horrible feeling a day and a half after you shave when it starts to come back, not sexy at all. Shaving is terrible. I'm so surprised by how many guys will talk about shaving your pussy like it's ok. It's cute for like 12 hours but actually doing it is miserable, it destroys your skin, and I think the way it feels coming back in is so much worse than the pain of waxing.

I can't shave regularly, it's just not going to happen. I have to start waxing again, and that means I will soon be out $85. I feel like a Mastercard commercial. Round trip train tickets- $70. Gossard peach satin balconette and bikini set- $55. Brazilian wax-$85. Birth control- $30/month. Highlights- $95. Cute haircut- $35. Money not made because I'm not working- $50.... I'm not even that turned out, compared to some people. How does anyone afford this shit? No wonder so many women give up.

Labels: ,

10 Comments:

Blogger badlittlegoodgirl said...

I've been playing with the idea of getting my bikini brazilian waxed... but haven't quite gotten up the nerve to a) pay for it or b) take the pain. I've been dealing with the unpleasant shaving situation for quite some time though... so maybe soon I'll take the plunge. How long approximately does it take to grow back?

8:31 PM  
Blogger jaky Fab said...

hahahahahhahahaha.....great.

10:37 PM  
Blogger Sabina said...

I feel the same way-- I would never, ever wax just for a guy, but I kind of prefer the looks of it myself. But shaving is out of the question, and paying someone to rip out your hair seems crazy. You know, if you can stand inflicting pain on yourself more than others doing it, you can just buy wax at CVS for like $5 and do it on your own. Get the kind without the strips of cloth.

9:55 AM  
Blogger El Cuervo said...

If a guy asks you upfron to shave it he is just an ass. I don't think a lot of people disagree that a bare pussy looks and feels better (again, there might be people who disagree). If he asks you to shave, I would ask him to do the same, even if you dont like it at least so he can feel what you go thru! Besides there are always to asks (or even get involved).

As for the money spent, that's the reason why we should pay for dinner and drinks!

10:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

omg. yes!

i never have the money to go for a brazilian wax. being broke all the time is 2nd nature to a college student.

and i dont know about the pain either :S im so tempted to diy.

has anyone else done it yet?

5:59 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

the stiprs are scary... I can't get the right angle or, um, leverage when I'm doing it myself. I also can't really see what I'm doing. They aren't so bad for like, in between waxes? At least if I get someone else to do it, some part of my can pretend it's a "spa treatment".

6:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sheesh ladies,

All this "just get shaved for a guy" stuff if a bit aggressive.

Pubic hair is disgusting FtMoP. - Looks bad; - Builds up odor; - Gets in your teeth!

Would you go around with unshaved armpits? Yeah, it's true, some people do, and some people even like 'em that way on their partner, but let's face it, except for hair fetishists, shaving (or waxing, or lasering, or whatever) is just considered good grooming.

So before you go around bloviating about how you're not going to do it "just because some guy asks"- stop & think about why he's asking.

Maybe he'd like to be greeted by a nice sight when you get to the bedroom, maybe he'd like to have a nice time giving you head instead of a gross experience . . . , and of course you should expect him to be considerate of you when you want nice grooming on his part.

And FWIW, yes, I am shaved down there too, and she loves it :)

11:40 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

hey funboy- I agree with you, it looks terrible and I don't want to subject a guy to that anymore than I would hairy legs or body odor. But a lot of girls hate the way it looks and feels, they say they feel prepubescent. I don't feel that way but I think that a girl pushed into doing something that makes her feel like she doesn't have control of her body would be more of a buzzkill than one with some pubic hair.

12:43 AM  
Blogger Sabina said...

Melbourne Babe, the best at-home kit is the kind without the strips-- when the wax starts to harden, you kind of flick up the edge and pull it. I forget the name of the brand, but the box is bright blue with yellow and they make a special sensitive wax for Brazilian bikini. It hurts a little, but it's just a temporary sting. And if getting it professionally done, since you have to feel the pain, maybe the guy could pay for it.
PS- Cuervo and others, I think totally bare is kinda creepy; I like a strip. Also, funboy, the only people who build up odor-- pubic hair or not-- are dirty slobs who don't bathe, who shouldn't get laid anyway. Shaving is actually inconsiderate, I think, because it gets scratchy on the other person.

4:04 PM  
Blogger El Cuervo said...

do you think it is creepy because of the whole "looks like a young kid" situation? Personally I like either bare or the strip, at the end is all about how she feels more confident.

9:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home