Thursday, December 28, 2006

Victoria's Secret is the one that took sexy away

I can't stand it anymore; I'm never going back. Everyone knows I love lingerie but VS makes me hate it. Mostly because I hate the futuristic seamless, technologically advanced gel-filled implant-imitating fabric-developed-by-nasa crap.

They do have a few pretty soft lacey bras but not many, and not for me. My experience is always the strange alien-like stiff bra that holds exactly the same shape when it's on the floor as when I'm wearing it. And they don't respond well to movement. Laying around in bed is not what they're designed for, they seem cofused if your boobs move a bit or respond to the new realtive dirrection of gravity, and the bra awkwardly keep the same shape it had when you were standing.

And VS seems to think this is great. No seams whatsoever! All one piece, no tags, no texture at all to the fabric, no lace or bows or anything pretty, just this futuristic breast-plate that looks like a plaster cast of a manican. Oh but the worst is when I pick up a bra in the store thinking it's the right size and as soon as I touch it I recoil in disgust because it's all ready filled! They come with breasts! Ew it's soo gross, it's like there are disembodied breasts wrapped in nylon and tied to straps sitting around in the drawer.

I'm making a new rule that I will not buy anymore bras that cannot be flattened. (Trying to pack something like the "secret embrace" or "the body" is like punching those punching bag clowns that keep popping back up)

Went to Gap Body instead. I have a pink bra from there that I love, or I did before the straps started to fray and the dye wore out, but it's lasted longer than that VS shit. I found a really gorgeous blue lace balconnette today, skinny lil straps with bows on them (reminds me of the AP Love range), pretty sheer swiss dot lace in the back with matching perfectly cut boyshorts. The best part was, Gap didn't make the assumption I wanted to add an extra three inches. One layer of lace is perfect, guys. Props.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Jasmine said...

Gosh!
You're so right!
I love lacey nothings with bow ties as well!

3:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home