Sunday, February 10, 2008

Weekend

This weekend, my boyfriend and my mom came to stay with me, in my apartment. When I told people my plans, they'd say, "Won't that be a little... awkward?" I'd say, "Yeah, isn't it great? I live for this shit." I've reached this really great point where I'm confident and happy with my relationship with him and with my mom that I couldn't imagine anything going badly. Awkward, yes, but not irreperably so.

It would seem like an odd arrangement, to have sex while your mom is in the next room. But more than that it was unfamilliar (but not uncomfortable) to be flirty and affectionate with my mom watching. She absolutely loved it, I think she found it really entertaining. And although S was careful to ask what was allowed before hand ("can I kiss you in front of your mom? are we allowed to sleep in the same bed?") once it was clear that this was all ok he was completely comfortable, and for that I have to give him huge props.

My mom didn't hesitate to call us out, in jest. In the car she said "Oh you guys don't wanna sit in the back together and make out?" (like my brother and his girlfriend do) "I guess if you can actually sleep together you don't need to do that." I love that rather than turning red and thinking, oh my mom is so embarssing! I just smile and kind of love the fact that my mom calls it like it is.

Then we went to meet the advisor and his wife, and everyone had a great time. S said, "After meeting him, I have to call bullshit on all your stories."
"What? Why? I've never said anything that wasn't true, what don't you beleive?'
"Oh no I believe it's all true, but it's not malicious at all, they've just adopted you like a daughter and he cares about you and your mom, he's been so lucky financially and he just wants to share that."
"Yeah. That's....what I said."
"Well, I was worried, but he's a great guy."

I used to keep this boy a secret. It's such a releif to have everyone like each other, and I jsut feel lucky to have all these people who care about me together.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you are lucky, and its really nice to see things are working out for you. I hope everything stays this good in the future. Also, its nice that you have been posting a little more frequently.

6:05 PM  
Blogger The Girl in the Mirror said...

Fiiiinally a new post! Wooo!!

Glad to see everything is going so well between everybody. My mom has always been totally ok with that stuff too.. I think she was so glad when I finally had my first boyfriend at 17 that she didn't care WHAT we did. Yay for mom's that are realistic!

Start posting more please, I miss your stuff!

10:31 PM  
Blogger Sabina said...

I don't know why I can't be like this with my parents...

10:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My parents would actually be angry if the guy I was with was not affectionate when they are around. They would think that's the way he always is and that's not good enough for their baby.

6:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home